Pallet Racking is a term given to heavy duty racking which is designed to store pallets.
However, there are many accessories available to allow you to store many other items on the racking.
The main components are:
- Frame – 2 uprights joined together by horizontal and diagonal bracing
- Footplates – which allow the racks to be bolted to the floor
- Beams – which connect horizontally between 2 frames providing a platform on which items can be stored
Other accessories shown are:
- Pallet Support bars – which can support smaller pallets which do not span the front and rear beams.
- Cladding location clips – are used to secure chipboard or other sheet material onto a pair of beams to provide a large shelf.
- Skids or stillage foot supports
- Fork spaces – to enable the storage of items not on pallets
- Drum chocks – for the location of drums and other cylindrical items
A simple racking layout may have a single run of racking against the wall with a series of double racks which can be accessed from one side.
The exposed end frame uprights are shown with a column guard for protection from the fork truck.
Pallet racking beams are adjustable vertically allowing for the efficient storage of different heights of pallets and items.
The picture above shows longer runs of racking.
The ends of each rack has:
- Frame protection from the fork truck
- Rack loading notices to advise on the safe capacity and configuration of the racking